Saturday 23 April 2011

ebook update

I must admit I'm disappointed so far in how many stories I've sold since going digital over a month ago.  My total sales to date are , wait for it ... seven!  And six of those were bought by my son as a birthday present to me.  I know you have to be patient, but pageview totals are adding up, and sample downloads are now over fifty, but still the sales are almost non existant.  I'm taking this as a bad sign, but I shall press on with the effort.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Or have you done better than that?

I've spent this afternoon posting my seventh book, a collection of six short stories called 'Brief Encounters' on both Smashwords and Kindle, and Smashwords have distributed my first six books to some other retailers, Barnes and Noble, Kobo and Diesel, so I'm hoping that might help.  Sony and Apple are to follow shortly.  It's all very exciting, I must say, but it would be nice to sell a few and get some reviews in either to confirm the bad news or cheer me up with some good news.

I'll try and post each week with a progress report.  Or lack of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment